Underwater Photographer Course
If you think the digital era has revolutionized photography out of the water, wait until you discover what it has done for underwater imaging.
- No longer do you need costly underwater cameras, expensive strobes or pricey lenses to capture breathtaking underwater images.
- There is no more buying film, paying for processing — or having to wait until you get home from vacation to discover how your pictures came out.
- You don’t need to master complicated concepts such as f-stops, shutter speed, aperture and guide numbers.
All you need is an inexpensive, point-and-shoot digital camera and housing — and our Underwater Photographer course.
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- PADI Certified to the Junior Open Water Diver, Open Water Divers level or equivalent.
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Underwater Photography Manual or eLearning and completion of knowledge reviews.
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip.
- There are 2 open water training dives required for certification.
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? We can complete your Underwater Photography Dives in the following locations:
- Rock Quarry Trips.
- Florida Keys, West Palm Beach, or any Caribbean dive trip – recommended.
Starting dates include:
- Call for Lake Lanier Dates or to check for training availability on the Rock Quarry Trip.
How much does it cost? The course fee is $119 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 2 Underwater Photography training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for the costs of any dive travel and boat fee’s, plus equipment rentals if needed. Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography Manual & Knowledge Reviews.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive computer.
- U/W Compass.
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Dive planner and slate.
- Underwater Camera System.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Underwater Digital Photography Manual and discuss your diving options. You can also get going right now by clicking on the PADI e-Learning link and scheduling your dives on our next trip.