More than any other piece of equipment in the past 20 years, computers have revolutionized how people dive. Due to their ability to track exposure to reduced levels of nitrogen at shallower depths, computers can allow us to take advantage of substantially longer bottom times and shorter surface intervals. When used with Enriched Air Nitrox, this advantage increases even further.
Dive computers aren’t perfect, however. Batteries can fail and there is always the possibility of user error. When this happens, knowledgeable divers may be able to fall back on other multilevel dive planning tools. (The alternative being stuck on shore for the next 24 hours.)
The catch is, you have to know how to use these tools in order for them to be of any benefit. This is where the Multilevel/Computer Diver course comes in. It not only covers proper use of these tools, but also using them in conjunction with today’s most popular dive computers (which is how all serious divers dive anyhow).
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- PADI Certified Junior Open Water Divers, Open Water Divers or equivalent.
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Adventures in Diving Manual and completion of knowledge reviews.
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip.
- There are 2 open water training dives required for certification.
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? We can complete your Multi Level Dives on any of our dive trips that allow for multiple depths.
- Key Largo Florida Wreck Dives.
- Any Bahamas or Caribbean Trip – especially those with WALL Dives.
- Rock Quarry Trips.
Starting dates include:
How much does it cost? The course fee is $99 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 2 Multi Level training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion. Students are responsible for the costs of any dive travel and boat fee’s, plus equipment rentals if needed.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual & Knowledge Review.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive Computer.
- U/W Compass.
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- PADI Electronic Dive Planner and slate.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Adventures in Diving Manual and discuss your diving options.