Underwater Navigator Course
The Underwater Navigator course builds on the navigation skills you acquire as part of the Open Water Diver course. It provides an introduction to:
- Complex compass patterns.
- Using navigation in conjunction with other specialty activities.
These skills are valuable in a variety of diving situations — and are ones that every serious diver should have.
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- PADI Certified Junior Open Water Divers, Open Water Divers or equivalent.
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Underwater Navigation Manual or eLearning and completion of knowledge reviews.
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip and a dry practice session with your compass and navigation techniques.
- There are 3 open water training dives required for certification.
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? We can complete your Underwater Navigation Dives in the following locations:
- Rock Quarry Trips.
- Lake Lanier Georgia is perfect for learning Underwater Navigation.
Starting dates include:
- Call for Lake Lanier Dates or to check for training availability on the Rock Quarry Trip.
How much does it cost? The course fee is $135 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 3 Underwater Navigation training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for the costs of any dive travel and boat fee’s, plus equipment rentals if needed. Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- PADI Underwater Navigation Manual & Knowledge Reviews.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive Computer.
- U/W Compass.
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Dive Planner and slate.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Underwater Navigation Manual and discuss your diving options. You can also get going right now by clicking on the PADI e-Learning link and scheduling your dives on our next trip.