Underwater Naturalist Course
It’s the most common question divers ask: What is that fish called? The opportunity to see brilliantly colored tropical fish and other marine creatures in their natural environment is among the chief reasons many of us dive. Yet doing so is nowhere near as fun as it could be if you don’t know:
- The names of the animals you are looking at.
- What makes them unique.
- What relatives they may have in different oceans of the world.
Fortunately, there is no need to remain in the dark. In a short period of time, you can master the names of the most common fish, plus learn fascinating facts about their origin an behavior.
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- PADI Certified Junior Open Water Divers, Open Water Divers or equivalent..
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Underwater Naturalist Manual
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip.
- There are 2 open water training dives required for certification.
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? We can complete your Underwater Naturalist Dives on any of our dive trips that include ocean diving.
- Key Largo Florida
- West Palm Beach Florida
- Panama City Florida
- Any Tropical trip offered by Wet Set Scuba.
How much does it cost? The course fee is $99 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 2 training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion. Students are responsible for the costs of any dive travel and boat fee’s, plus equipment rentals if needed.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Manual & Knowledge Reviews.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive Computer.
- U/W Compass.
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Dive tables and slate w/ pencil.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Underwater Naturalist Manual and discuss your diving options.