Wreck Diver Course
Wreck diving offers something for underwater explorers of nearly every experience level. In this course, you will learn how to:
- Protect: Wrecks can, at times, be surprisingly fragile. Learn how to protect wrecks from damage by divers while at the same time learning how to reduce the risks to diver safety wrecks can pose.
- Preserve: Discover how to most responsibly share your discoveries with divers and nondivers alike, whether it is through research, the preservation of artifacts or simply letting things be so they can be enjoyed by others.
- Promote Understanding: Wreck diving is more enjoyable when you can uncover the origin and history of the wrecks you dive. Doing so also enhances your ability to share your discoveries with others.
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- PADI Certified Junior Open Water Divers, Open Water Divers or equivalent.
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Wreck Diver Manual and completion of knowledge reviews.
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip and a skills overview.
- There are 4 open water training dives required for certification.
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? Classes take place at the following places and times:
- Dives are offered at the Rock Quarry, West Palm Beach, Panama ity Beach, Florida Keys or most any Ocean Trip we offer that has wrecks for us to dive.
- Join us for one of our trips to the Rock Quarry, West Palm Beach, Key Largo, or any upcoming Tropical Destination.
How much does it cost? The course fee is $175 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 4 Open Water training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion.
- Students are responsible for the costs of any dive travel, diving fee’s, plus equipment rentals if needed.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- PADI Wreck Diver Manual & Knowledge Reviews.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive Computer.
- U/W Compass.
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Dive planner and slate.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Wreck Diver Manual and discuss your diving options.